Saturday, May 15, 2010

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day Post- May 2010

We have a lot going on for Garden Blogger's Bloom Day, and I will warn you that this is only a small portion of what I have blooming ( or find interesting). I took over 200 pictures for this month- it is exciting and overwhelming at the same time!


Tomatillo- I think this was one of our purple varieties (sorry, I mixed them all)

Erysimum and achillea. In other words, wallflower and yarrow. Basic, easy, reliable. Oh- and bee's love them.
Columbine. Otherwise known as Aquilegia formosa, the Californian native Columbine. It took me two years from seed to get this to flower, but now I easily have 30 or so blooms. Very pretty!

Heuchera blooms

Nemophila menziesii"Baby Blue Eyes"





Nicotiana alata "Lime Green", from Annie's Annuals

The California poppies just won't stop.....

Artichokes

Nolana Reichei from Annie's Annuals

Dianthus gratianopolitanusFirewitch

Nigella Hispanica "African Bride"

Centaurea gymnocarpa“Velvet Centaurea"

Chandler Pummelo from Four Wind's Growers. It looks battered, but that's all fruit you're seeing! It's a young tree though, this will have to be heavily thinned. That makes me sad.......

Euphorbia "Breathless Brush"

A newly planted Mimulus "Richard's Red' from Annie's Annuals. It's already a big hit with the hummingbirds.

Meyer's Lemon. My favorite plant of all times. We have two of them, chuckered full of blooms. Chuckered full of FRUIT. You can never have too many lemons, I swear.

Marigolds. Ugh. I hate these, visually. But, Alex picked them out. So they stay.

Trandescantia "Sweet Kate"

Fringe Flower. Otherwise known as Tellima grandiflora, another purchase from Annie's Annuals. It is doing wonderful under our huge 60 year old coastal redwood, where nothing else will grow!

8 comments:

  1. You have such a variety of unique and beautiful flowers in bloom. The Nicotiana alata "Lime Green" is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful garden you must have! Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post. Clearly a plant collectors garden. That Nigella is really unique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nigella is exquisite and the cerinthe photo is one of the nicest I've seen. (I tried growing it once, but ... it didn't take.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize you had the Centaurea gymnocarpa. I'm thinking about that for a pot on my roof.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After seeing the garden in person today, I must say it is indeed blooming like crazy! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice pictures, you are getting quite adept with that new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I am LOVING the new camera Fred! I don't crop or Photoshop anything, and my pictures always turn out lovely!

    ReplyDelete