Monday, October 18, 2010

UC Davis Good Life Garden- Fall 2010



We were already planning on visiting the All-Star garden at UC Davis on Saturday, but I wanted to squeeze in another visit to the Good Life Garden since my husband hadn't seen it before.

It's fun to visit the Good Life Garden at UC Davis every couple of months. Not only do they keep changing out plants- but they keep expanding!
Simply gorgeous, the gardens are amazing....

Um, I think I'm ready to go back to school.... This building is fairly new- we hope UC Davis starts producing their own beers!

olive grove

Variegated pink lemon
hops

My fashionista.... yes, she dresses herself.

hehe... what does this look like to you? This is elephant head amaranth, it's beautiful and yet it's silly too! Plants with an attitude!

8 comments:

  1. The amaranth are saying, "We're number one! We're number one!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent photos, I don't go over there enough and I live five minutes away. How cute is your fashionista? I could use her advice with my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun tour of such a great resource--and cute tour guide too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Augie Busch + hops = craftbrew. Gotta happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never actually seen a hop bush before. Are they easy to grow?

    Outdoor Propane Heaters

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that variety of amaranth! Do you reckon it's a relative of love lies bleeding (amaranthus)?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful garden. Beautiful fashionista and a must have amaranth. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks like a wonderful place to visit! I have enjoyed my trip to your blog...I will come again soon I am sure. Your Fashionista...has the same fashion sense that my youngest fashionista does! They are so proud to be independent at that age!
    have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete