Monday, July 5, 2010

July Seed GROW Project

It has been a while since I've posted an update for the Seed GROW Project, but my 'Spitfire' Nasturiums have finally started taking off.
They don't seem to be climbing as much as they are trailing. They have blanketed the ground where my tomatillos and tomatoes are growing.

When I planted them, I put one seed at each post of our front yard garden. They're now really starting to peek through to mingle with the coneflowers.

Some plants still haven't flowered yet.


I'm growing Nasturtium "Spitfire" for the GROW project. Thanks, to Renee's Garden for the seeds.

7 comments:

  1. Your 'Spitfires' are looking great (and your garden totally rocks. I think that every time I visit your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you planted them along the fence. I had a similar idea of getting them to grow up my veggies (in my case, corn), but they are trailing. One of the two on my trellis is in fact climbing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look fabulous draped all over those posts! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those are goregous! Mine are just frying in the sun. Did you feed them some fishy kelp water? Share your secrets! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your nasturtiums are so pretty Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, yours are really loving your garden! They look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just can't believe how everyone's spitfires are climbing. Mine just do NOT want to climb.

    ReplyDelete