Wow- I’ve been tagged for an Honest Scrap Award! Well, for most of you that know me, there really isn’t a whole lot that I keep to myself (maybe just my weight? Haha). But- Laura from Punk Rock Gardens tagged me, so I will try not to disappoint her! Laura and I have TONS in common, which is probably why I think she’s so fabulous!
There are two parts to the Honest Scrap Award- you first have to list ten honest things about yourself, and then you “tag” seven other bloggers and pass the award on to them.
1. Like Laura from Punk Rock Gardens, I was a “goth girl” through high school and the brief time I was actually in college. I have a few tattoos and a few extra holes in my body to prove it. No, not anywhere naughty! The piercings were in my belly button, tongue, and 6 in my ears. I don’t even wear earrings now.
2. I have had every hair color/hair style imaginable (except for natty dreads) from Annie Lennox short and blond, to Ronald McDonald red. These days I don’t color my hair at all and I would wear a ponytail every day if I could.
3. I had brain surgery in February 2008 because my brain is too big. How many people get to say that? I now have a gnarly scar in the back of my head that looks like a zipper. My co-workers call me “Neo” from The Matrix and claim that I go in for regular memory upgrades.
4. With my surgery they removed part of my skull and part of my spine and then patched up my Dura with a piece of bovine, so now I’m part cow. Because of that my co-workers also like to “Moo” at me.
5. Besides giving birth to my daughter, my greatest accomplishment is climbing Half Dome in Yosemite, 5 months after I had brain surgery. Yeah, I probably shouldn’t have done that. Or so my neurosurgeon told me afterward.
6. I was in labor with my daughter for 3 days and ended up with a c-section anyway. She was “stuck”. I was really disappointed with my birthing experience to the point where I refuse to have another. It was nothing like it is in the movies- FYI to those of you who haven’t had kids yet! That being said, I love her, she's frickin awesome. A wonderful, goofy, fun, loving human being, and I created her.
7. When most of my friends were still in college I had entered the work force- I had health benefits, a pension, and a 401k at the age of 19. I bought my first house at the age of 22. As much as I wish I had my degree, I don’t regret any of the decisions I’ve made.
8. My husband and I met because I told a gal that I worked with that I wanted to “get me some of that”- referring to this handsome guy in a suit. The comment eventually got back to him, and he couldn't resist asking me for my phone number. Let’s face it- what guy wouldn’t like a gal that was that honest? Needless to say, I got me some.
9. I’m a big goober. If I am really comfortable with you, and really drunk, you might be lucky enough to see me do my impression of Svetlana Khorkina ice-skating. For some reason my husband LOVES this- and whenever HE’S drunk he asks me to do this.
10. I don’t really do most things “traditionally” I had two guys as my “bridesmen” in my wedding, and our wedding cake topper was a sculpture of me giving my husband a piggyback ride in my wedding dress. The topper looked lovely on the “Mad-Hatter birthday cake” that my husband designed for us. After almost 10 years of being together I still think he’s a totally hot stud and a nice piece of meat- and I tell him that EVERY DAY!
Now, here's the list of Bloggers I have tagged- please humor me and play along!
Marilyn from Hello Happy Pitbulls
Katie from Gardenpunks
Kristi from Not So Crafty
Chuck from My Back 40 (Feet)
MTB from MrBrownThumb
Pam from Brown Thumb Mama
Andrew at Oakleaf Green